Thursday, January 27, 2011

Online Videos

Now you're talking my language.  This is something that I can relate to.  Here is one of my favourite singers, Leonard Cohen and a great clip.  I play this on the days it is very hot outside.  It relaxes me and the snow and ice make me feel cool.




I really appreciate all the effort that people put into their online videos, especially the self help ones.  It's great to watch someone cooking or laying a laminate floor.  This spirit of sharing information is commendable. I've never been one to follow written instructions very well and I have probably missed a lot of work in this course because I glossed over the words.  These practical how to do videos are very useful and a key to how the library can possibly use youtube.  15 minutes is long enough to show novices how to set up their own email account.  It could also be used to give instructions on Facebook, wikis and blogs.

I also like the idea of digital storytelling and sharing the stories through youtube.  Short oral histories and human libraries can be documented this way to nuture a more inclusive community.

2 comments:

  1. Great suggestions for uses of online videos, Luba. I can think of many times when I have wishes that I could politely direct customers to a prerecorded version of me explaining how to accesss their emails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sweltering hot afternoon and your online video did have a positive effect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete