Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tricky Wikis

I'm not sure why I'm doing this sprint towards the end of this course.  I guess I procrastinated too long and hard.  I avoided sitting at the computer by doing a lot of housework (ugh) and watching tv.  Now the rubbish has liquefied.  I have no control.  It is bubbling and pouring out of my head.  My arthritic fingers can't keep up with my thoughts.  Stop!  For God's sake, stop.  Oh how my brain hurts.


Focus, you must focus. 
I have had so much trouble contributing to the course wiki as 17 Luddite that I'm going gaga. There doesn't seem to be enough help on the site to answer all my basic questions.  I want to turn to someone and ask "Where do I go from here?" But I'm all alone with this dumbass computer that doesn't know or feel anything.  It's all too confusing for me I'm afraid.  I want words of comfort and encouragement, a human touch. 

(Puts on sanity hat) The idea of using a wiki sounds great in theory.  The Adult Community Education Services (ACES) group that I belong to tried to have a wiki but no-one used it because it was unwieldy and not user-friendly.  In addition only a few people were willing, or perhaps had the time, to share information.  I suppose that's the rub.  People have to be committed to the task of maintaining a wiki, otherwise it dies a slow death.   

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Luba!! Your blog is interesting to read:)

    ReplyDelete