Thursday, January 27, 2011

Twitter

I'm not a great fan of Twitter.  It's such a twee and lightweight name, like the product.  My first complaint is about the limit on the words.  That cramps my flow of consciousness style.  As you can see from my blogs I'm a waffler.  That particular style has been crafted over many years and its hard for me to be succinct.
The second is that I just can't see how my life could be enhanced by Twitter.  I don't want to have a condensed version of what people are doing/thinking. 
I suppose I can see the use in libraries in sending quick messages about library news and interesting sites.  But if you're already using Facebook, why would you need Twitter as well?  I'm beginning to think that you can become overwhelmed by all these devices.  Libraries have to be careful of information overload.  I don't want to navigate a complex library website and I don't have the time to waste on this feathery fluff. (Twitter name LubaKa)

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear!! I hear you, totally agree about the feathery lightweight stuff being too much to bear (bare)!

    ReplyDelete